An uplifting and revitalising essence that is perfect to add to any lotion or balm. You still have your 4 favourite essences, Sweet Orange, Spearmint, Eucalyptus and Cinnamon. A blend perfect for body aches and pains. If you were to burn this essence you could fill the room with the orange essence, its perfect for mind stimulation and clearing your respiratory tract.
- Orange Sweet (CITRUS SINENSIS) Helps to relax muscular and nervous spasms, provides relief from inflammation, boosts immunity and helps alleviate anxiety, anger and depression. It balances water retention. Its lymphatic stimulant action further helps to balance water processes, detoxification, aiding the immune system and general well-being.
- Spearmint (MENTHA SPICATA) - Promotes good blood circulation, helps concentration, relaxes nerves and muscles, helps with stress and headaches.
- Eucalyptus (EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS) - Reduces inflammation, effective in lowering joint and muscle pain, promotes faster healing of sores, cuts and abrasions and stimulates mental activity and aids in treating stress. Helps frequent sneezing, hay fever, flu, respiratory problems, as an insect repellant, headaches and for helping to improve concentration and a soothing and calming effect on the whole body and helps with the immune system.
- Cinnamon (LEAF OIL, CINNAMOMUM) - Provides relief from stiffness of muscles and joints, improves blood circulation,has a refreshing effect on your senses and feeling of weakness. It can aid bronchitis, diarrhea, chills, infections, flu, rheumatism and arthritis.
How to safely use essential oils
Essential oils can be dangerous if used incorrectly.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils. Ingesting essential oils can lead to poisoning. Babies and young children are at increased risk because very small quantities can lead to toxicity in children.
- Some essential oils can also be harmful to pregnant women and their babies. Only use a 1% concentration in the first trimester and thereafter use at a 2% for the rest of the duration of your pregnancy. Common Oils to avoid camphor/ parsley seed/ hyssop/ pennyroyal/ tarragon/ wintergreen/ wormwood. For more information on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not use any of our essential oil products before being exposed to the sun as they can cause phototoxicity. The main photosensitising oils used in aromatherapy include: Angelica root oil (Angelica archangelica), Bergamot oil expressed (Citrus aurantium ssp. bergamia), Bitter Orange oil (Citrus aurantium), Cumin oil (Cuminum cyminum), Lemon oil cold pressed (Citrus limonum), Lime oil expressed (Citrus aurantifolia), Tagette oil (Tagetes minuta)
- Whilst using essential oils as Vapour don’t exceed 60 minutes as you will achieve no further benefit from the oil.
- Do not apply undiluted products directly onto the skin. Except in an emergency; for example to cuts, burns or insect bites. A single drop of undiluted oil can be used to soothe and protect from infection – only apply neat once or twice. We recommend using Harmony in this instance.
- Certain oils may cause irritation if used in too high a concentration. If you happen to be a highly sensitive person, try a skin patch test to determine any potential irritation before you use essential oils, and always dilute appropriately.
Here are the steps for conducting a patch test:
If the skin patch is red, itchy, blistering or swollen, you have had an adverse reaction to the oil and should discontinue use. If you experience discomfort before the 24-hour period ends, immediately wash the area with soap and warm water.
- Dilution of essential oils require dilution to prevent adverse reactions. As a general rule, you should keep concentration levels of essential oils below 5 percent.
Examples; For every 100ml for fat base product (oil/ milk/ lotion/ massage balm) 1%= 18 drops , 2%=36 drops, 3%= 54 drops
Safe storage and use
- All of our blended essential oils have a shelf life of 30 months. Please be aware that once the bottle has been opened your product should be used within a 6 month period.
- Essential oils should be stored like any other potentially poisonous substance.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
- Put away immediately after purchase or use
- Always keep them in the bottle they are sold in (never transfer to other containers, especially food or drink containers).